How to completely uninstall Magento 2 extension
How To Uninstall the Magento 1 Extension¶
- Disable the extension. See the How to disable Magento extension page for reference.
- If the extension contains any dependent MySQL table, remove it.
- Delete the config record for the module you want to delete from the
core_recoursetable in the database.The extension_name is the same as the folder
DELETE from `core_resources` WHERE code LIKE 'extension_name';
- Clear the websites cookies. The extension shouldbe completely uninstalled.
How To Uninstall the Magento 2 Extension¶
Several our extensions use the uninstall script. For this, connect to the server via SSH and perform these steps:
1) Navigate to the root Magento folder and perform the command:
php bin/magento module:uninstall MageWorx_ModuleName
How to identify the name of the module?
The names of the extensions can taken from the names of the folders located in /app/code/Mageworx/ in the module's folder. Bear in mind that several folders can be seen there, in this case you need to list all of them without commas, like
php bin/magento module:enable MageWorx_SeoAll MageWorx_SeoBase MageWorx_SeoXTemplates...etc. You do not need to include the meta package in this link. The meta package has the ...Meta word in the name like
MageWorx_OrderManagementMeta. You do not need to add the extensions that were already installed.
2) If you've used the composer to install the extension, remove the extension Meta Package:
composer remove mageworx/module-modulenamemeta
3) Run the setup:upgrade command, then clear the cache and generated folders
php bin/magento setup:upgrade rm -rf var/cache var/generation var/di var/page_cache generated/*
4) Run the reindex process to update your indexers
php bin/magento indexer:reindex
If this didn't work for you, please feel free submit a ticket from https://www.mageworx.com/support/